To use the Lasso Selection tool:
- Select the Lasso tool from the toolbar.
- Drag to draw a freehand selection border.
To close the selection border, release the mouse button. A straight selection segment is drawn from where you
released the mouse button to the starting point of your selection.
Things you can do with the selected area:
- Copy or Cut and Paste: To copy the selection, press Ctrl-C. To cut the selection from the icon, press Ctrl-X. After Copying or Cutting,
you can Paste the selection by pressing Ctrl-V. By Pasting multiple times, you can achieve a mosaic or collage-like effect.
- Move: Left-click anywhere inside the guide box and hold down the button to "pick up" the selection, and then drag the mouse to move
the selection to another icon area. It will "float" over the rest of the icon, allowing you to position it wherever you want it to be. Release the
mouse button to "let go" of the selection.
- De-selecting the area: To de-select the area, either activate a different Tool by clicking on it in the Toolbar, or make a new selection.
You can't have more than one selection active at a time. Once the selection is de-selected, it becomes part of the icon